Monday, September 19, 2011

Vampires

I haven't been around on my blog for a while.  It's not that I haven't had any "God moments", I just haven't taken the time to record them.  Today, I've been thinking about vampires.  Vampires are all the rage right now and I think a lot of it has to do with the romantic ideal of immortality.  We fear death, so we romanticize immortality.  Truth of the matter is, we are all immortal, we just won't live forever on this planet.  The big question is, will our eternity be in heaven or hell?

When someone asks Jesus into their lives, they are choosing heaven.  Some people insist that they are not choosing at all, but, in actuality, they are choosing hell.  Jesus is the only way to get to heaven.  Some will just come right out and tell you they choose hell.  Those that don't want to choose at all confuse me.  I mean, if you were going on a vacation, when you purchase your plane ticket, you know exactly where you are going.  Of course, when you purchase that ticket, you are given a date and time for your departure, but, things don't always work out that way.  Flights get delayed and even cancelled at times.  But you wouldn't put off buying the ticket because of uncertainty of travel time.  Why put off choosing your eternal destination until you think it's closer to time for your "trip"?  If you choose the things of this world over Jesus because you think you still need time to have some "fun", you are, in essence, purchasing your ticket to hell. 

As someone who once held a ticket to hell, but has now chose to walk towards heaven, I can tell you with complete assurance, it is not more fun.  When I was "having my fun", I was absolutely miserable.  Yes, there were times I thought I was on cloud nine.  There were times I thought I was having the time of my life.  But, in between, there were depressing, miserable moments that I just hated living and I was without hope.  Now, however, I have a joy that is unexplainable.  Life is so much more fun when you're not weighed down with the chains of alcohol or drug abuse.  Life is so much more fun when you're not weighed down with the chains of sin that had me bound.  There are still moments of hardship and pain.  I still have "down" days.  But, they are no longer without hope.  God has planted this peace within me, that, no matter how hard times get, I still have this peace.  I know He's in control, I know He's with me, I know everything will be ok.  I don't want to give up and die (as I did before).  I want to live, and I want to live for God.  Thank God that He spared me when I was lost in my sin and gave me a chance at a new life with Him at the center of it.  I pray for anyone that reads this, if you don't already know Christ as your savior, don't wait until it's too late.  Or, if you believe in Christ, yet you don't fully understand what I mean about His peace thru times of trials, maybe you could take a moment to see if you are fully living for Him.  Have you given Him your all?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect.  As much as I long to give Him my all, I fail at doing so regularly.  I'm just saying that if you don't know the peace I'm talking about, won't you please make sure you are holding the right ticket?  There are some forgeries out there that people get tangled up in.  It may look like a ticket to heaven, but it's a one way trip to hell.  Make sure you have the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment